Saturday, September 5, 2009

Due date has come and gone...

Quick update from my last appointment for those of you not on Facebook. I went in on Thursday for my 40 week appointment. I was finally 1cm dilated and 50% effaced. BUT the doctor said it didn't really seem like I was progressing much. She stripped my membrane for me, which for some brings on labor pretty quickly. She did say it only works about 50% of the time. Well 2 days later no labor, so I guess I am on the wrong side of the 50%! She also went ahead and scheduled me for an induction this coming week since he seems a little too comfy in my womb. So I have to call Labor and Delivery on Wed night and they will let me know what time to come in. They will give me a cervix softener (cervitol I think it's called) and then I stay overnight and they'll start pitocin on Thursday if nothing is happening. So there is finally an end in sight! So much for all of the speculation of going early! It was kind of a bummer when August ended and no baby. Then yesterday was my due date and I hoped and prayed all day....and nothing. I did wake up this morning with some spotting, cramps and headache. Basically not feeling well overall. But I am not sure if it's from doing too much this week (way too many trips to the house and pushing myself to much) or if it's something more. Trying not to get my hopes up!

So....Gavin will be here by Thursday! Only reason he won't will be if the hospital is full. But I am on the schedule there so hopefully all will go smoothly! We'll be sending texts and making calls as things progress! Promise!!

No comments:

Post a Comment