Monday, May 4, 2009

Swollen, party of 1

Time for a pregnancy symptom update! The latest and greatest things seem to be that I feel like I giant water balloon most days and I can feel every stretch and am starting to waddle!

For the past few weeks now I have noticed that by the end of the day my normally obvious ankle bones have disappeared! My rings are getting tight and I would rather be barefoot than put on a pair of shoes! This morning though the swelling seemed to be ready to go right from the get go! I could barely get my rings on at all and my fingers looked like little sausages. As soon as I woke up this morning my hands were tingling and felt like they weighted 10lbs a piece!

Then there's the aches! I didn't expect to be this uncomfortable until about the 8th month. But here we are on the eve of month 6 and I feel like I have arthritis! The weather seems to be making it worse...lots of rain and severe weather here in Georgia. My back is killing me and my hips feel like they are coming apart all together (which I guess in a way they are). My body pillow I was so excited about a month ago is going flat and no longer gives me the sleeping pleasure it once did. :( Do I sound whiny yet? I am!

Sitting for hours on end at work isn't fun anymore either. I try to get up regularly so my muscles don't cramp up. But I can feel myself walking around belly first and feel like a little duckling trying to get my balance! I have also been having a hard time judging just how far my belly sticks out, so I tend to run into things more. And I still have HOW LONG to go?

I'm due for some new belly pics so I will take some this weekend when everyone is over. We'll be celebrating my mom's birthday, Mother's Day and our 1 year wedding anniversary (where did the year go??) on Saturday. Hope this rain is all gone by then!

Thanks for letting me whine! It was much needed!!

1 comment:

  1. Poor Baby! I'll come over Friday and help you clean house. That should help you feel better!

    ReplyDelete